Frequent forgetting of important tasks, lack of concentration, distraction, feeling of tiredness - these are difficulties at school and at work, which result from unhealthy lifestyle and inadequate preparation for daily mental activity. How to fight it? Konrad Gaca, a nutrition specialist, presents 6 principles that will help you improve your memory and stimulate your brain to function effectively.
The fast pace of life causes our mind to get breathless. Especially in the autumn, when we still remember the blissful holiday sloth. How to return to the game and improve your efficiency in a natural way?
1) First of all, eat regularly
Many of us happen to disregard this principle, and this is one of the most important points of everyday health care - regularity.
- Thanks to this, we stimulate the metabolism, provide our body with nutritional values at fixed times, and the feeling of hunger does not distract us and does not distract us from important tasks - says Konrad Gaca, author of the GACA SYSTEM weight loss method. It is best to bet on 4-5 small meals a day, consumed on average every 3-4 hours. This will prevent blood glucose drops," he adds.
2) Drink water
Do you happen not to drink even a glass of water all day? Error!
- Water is crucial for the functioning of the whole organism, it has a positive effect on concentration and learning processes, improves metabolism - says Gaca. The feeling of thirst already indicates dehydration, which is why it is so important to prevent it. Always have a bottle of still mineral water with you! - adds the expert.
3) Remember vitamins and minerals
Especially B vitamins have a positive effect on memory and concentration. You will find them in fish, poultry, eggs, green vegetables and sprouts. - In the case of memory improvement, products rich in vitamin B6, from which serotonin - a compound supporting the nervous system, often referred to as the hormone of happiness - is produced, says Konrad Gaca. You will find Vitamin B6 in buckwheat groats, red peppers, spinach, cabbage, cereal products, avocado and nuts, among others.
The minerals magnesium, iron and zinc should also be kept in mind. Magnesium is involved in the process of conduction of nerve impulses in brain tissue. You'll find it in nuts and bitter chocolate. Iron provides adequate oxygenation for the brain, its deficiency can cause learning and concentration difficulties. Soya, chickpeas and cocoa are excellent sources of iron. Zinc, on the other hand, is responsible for the correct concentration and memory processes - you will find it in broccoli and tomatoes, among others.
4) Eat unsaturated fatty acids
You'll find them in nuts and sea fish, like salmon.
- Omega-3 acids are extremely important for the health and performance of the body - convinces nutrition expert Konrad Gaca. They prevent nervous system diseases, improve circulation and support brain function," he adds.
You will also find them in linseed oil or olive oil, which is worth adding to homemade salads.
5) Be active
Physical activity will oxygenate the brain, allow you to break away from your duties and focus on getting your body moving. It is essential and crucial for every body! Find the time 2-4 times a week to train according to your abilities. To achieve the best possible effect, it is best to consult a specialist. Movement is essential - especially when you do office work every day.
6) Take care of the rest
It is also very important to have enough sleep and time to rest. Depending on the age, we should sleep an average of 6 to 10 hours a day.
- Lack of sleep destroys the brain, hinders concentration and causes memory problems - says Gaca. That's why it's so important to give yourself time to rest and regenerate your brain. Without rest there is no efficiency - both at school and at work - convinces the expert.
Excellent memory and concentration are essential for effective work and learning at school. Applying these 6 principles to your daily life will allow you to say goodbye once and for all to the constant distraction and feeling of tiredness. Take care of your diet, physical activity and regeneration today - not only will you stop feeling tired, but you will also gain satisfaction from learning and working again.